Prosthodontics in Chicago, IL
Board-Certified Specialist in Prosthodontics
Dr. Bryan Jacobs practices full-time as a prosthodontist at Dental Professionals. He provides a broad range of contemporary prosthodontic procedures for new patients, Dental Professionals’ patients, and patients referred by outside dentists and specialists. Here are just some reasons, specialist care with a prosthodontist may be indicated for you:
- you have a challenging cosmetic or esthetic concern and want an extremely personalized treatment plan
- you have one or more missing teeth
- you desire to have dental implants (whether for one tooth or your whole mouth)
- you have worn down your teeth and want your smile and function restored
- you feel you generally have complex dental needs
- you wear dentures or partials and want to get rid of them or have the best possible replacements made
- you want a comprehensive plan, with a long-term outlook and approach
What is a prosthodontist?
A prosthodontist is a dentist who specializes in treating and handling dental and facial problems that involve restoring missing teeth and jaw structures. Prosthodontists are the acknowledged experts for anything needing to be replaced in your mouth. This can range from a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all teeth and gums in the mouth. While many dentists can do some or all of these treatments, prosthodontists are specialists who are dedicated to this type of care. Only prosthodontists can provide complete oral rehabilitation, having received advanced training and education in implant dentistry, TMD-jaw joint problems, traumatic injuries to the mouth’s structures, congenital or birth anomalies to teeth, and oral cancer reconstruction and continuing care. Dr. Jacobs brings extensive experience, advanced knowledge, and skillful use of the latest technology to your care.