THE CLEAR WAY TO STRAIGHTEN TEETH
Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces. To discuss clear braces in the Chicago area, please feel free to contact us to schedule an appointment.
For information on Invisalign, please visit www.invisalign.com.
- Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets.
- The aligners are made through a combination of doctor expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology.
- You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss.
- As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position prescribed by your doctor
- You’ll visit your doctor about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned.
- Typical treatments usually require 5-18 sets of aligners, spanning 3-9 months (depending on the complexity of movement needed).
Straighten Your Teeth and Restore Your Smile Today!
- What to Expect at Your First Visit & Patient Amenities
- Chicago Office Driving Directions & Office Hours
- Skokie Office Driving Directions & Office Hours
- New Patient Online Registration
- Meet Our Doctors
Frequently Asked Clear Braces Questions in Chicago & Skokie IL
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a series of removable aligners that are almost invisible that we use to straighten teeth. These clear braces prevent most people from knowing you are in the middle of orthodontic treatment. We customize the clear trays to maximize comfort and outcomes.
How can Invisalign help?
Invisalign helps in the same way traditional braces treat orthodontic issues. If your teeth are crooked or you have an overbite, a crossbite, gaps, an open bite, or crowded teeth, Invisalign exerts gentle, controlled force to shift them into place.
What are the benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign not only straightens teeth effectively and conveniently but also offers an excellent choice for those who want to avoid conventional braces. The following aspects make Invisalign the better choice for many patients:
- Aesthetics—clear, almost invisible aligners
- Comfort—removable trays for eating and brushing
- Safety—smooth with no wires
- Speed—shorter treatment time
- Success—crossbite, crowding, gapped teeth, overbite, and underbite correction
- Convenience—no dietary restrictions
How long does orthodontic treatment last?
For best results and a quicker treatment time, you should wear your customized aligners 20-22 hours a day. You will receive a new set of aligners every two weeks to swap out for the old ones. In general, treatment time is 12-18 months, but the length of the digital plan of tooth movements that we map out for you depends on your specific goals and how much you wear your aligners. Each set of aligners will gently move your teeth into alignment and transform your smile.
Does Invisalign really work?
Yes! If you commit to wearing your aligners all day every day, except for when you are eating or cleaning your teeth, they are as effective as metal braces.
What should I eat during orthodontic treatment?
When it comes to traditional metal braces, there are many foods you cannot eat. But Invisalign flips the script, and since the aligners are removable, you are able to take them out at any time and eat whatever foods you choose.
What is the best age for orthodontic treatment?
Any age is a good age for orthodontic treatment, but it is best to bring your child in for their first evaluation around age 7, so we can assess their oral situation and advise treatment timeframes.
Typically, it is best to begin treatment upon losing all your baby teeth, but 20% of those who wear Invisalign or braces are over 18 years old. You are never too old! We usually encourage those interested in Invisalign to wait until they are mature enough to take full responsibility for wearing them most of every day and not losing them when they remove them to eat at school or other places where they may become distracted.
Is orthodontic treatment painful?
Since Invisalign moves your teeth, our patients often feel a small bit of pressure the first day or 2 of wearing a new set of aligners. Thankfully, the pain is minimal, and you can control the slightest discomfort with over-the-counter medications.
Do braces fix teeth permanently?
Teeth have a tendency to go back to their original position over time. The good news is that wearing a retainer or nightguard while you sleep helps to prevent shifting.