Digital X-Rays are the latest technological advancement at Dental Professionals. This great innovation substantially reduces your exposure to radiation from X-rays, making your visit to our Chicago dentists safer, faster and easier than ever before. From dental implants to Cosmetic Dentistry, the Chicago dentists at Dental Professionals will use this amazing technology to better serve you.
Going digital will benefit you:
- SAFER: Reducing radiation by up to 90% compared to traditional film-based X-Rays.
- HEALTHIER: eliminating the need to use caustic chemicals in the office.
- FASTER: producing images that can be viewed immediately by you and your dentist. To make them even easier to see, we'll enlarge them on a large monitor and lighten or darken them for best viewing.
- BETTER: providing more diagnostic information that enables your dentists to identify problem areas earlier. Detecting a cavity sooner and smaller than before means we can fix it earlier, before it seriously weakens your tooth.
- EASIER: with images stored on the computer that can be quickly duplicated for insurance company claims and other records.
Here's how digital X-Rays at Dental Professionals work. A small camera, about the size of half a teabag, is placed into the patient's mouth. An image pops up immediately on a nearby computer screen. You and your dentist look at the images on a large LCD monitor, in real time, and make decisions about your dental health. Images are then stored on our computer at Dental Professionals for easy retrieval when needed.