Repairing or removing broken or loose teeth, extracting wisdom teeth, and bone grafting are among the wide range of advanced procedures performed by a Dental Professionals doctor specifically trained in oral and maxillofacial surgery. All treatment is done from the comfort of your dental home at Dental Professionals locations in Chicago and Skokie, by specialists with years of expertise in treating conditions of the face, mouth and jaw.
Our oral surgeon and skilled staff ensure patients at Dental Professionals have a safe, comfortable and successful experience at every visit. All services are focused on creating the ideal environment for optimal oral functioning in the future, ensuring long-term dental health. These include:
• Techniques designed to rebuild bone structure with minimal surgical intervention
• Tooth removal, resulting from decay, injury or as part of orthodontic treatment
• Treatment of facial pain and TMJ
• Treatment of facial injuries and fractures
• Diagnosis, treatment and surgical removal of wisdom teeth, tailored to individual needs
• Bone grafting, customized for each patient, using the most advanced materials and techniques
• Biopsies, offering an in-depth look at tissue cells
• IV sedation and administration of anesthesia
• Dental implants
• Cleft lip/palate and craniofacial surgery
• Corrective jaw surgery
• Dental and soft tissue surgery
• Treatment of head, neck and oral cancer
• Treatment of obstructive sleep apnea
• Pre-prosthetic surgery
• Crown Lengthening, to enable creation of a highly functional, long-lasting dental crown
• Frenectomy, to loosen the small folds of tissue located under the tongue, inside the upper and lower lips, and cheek to gum, and extend the range of motion
Beyond Root Canal
When a root canal isn’t sufficient, our oral surgeon may recommend:
Apicoectomy: Performed when the infection from the dead nerve inside a tooth spreads beyond the root and into the surrounding bone. The infected portion of the tooth’s root is removed and the root is filled to prevent future infections.
Dental hemisection and root amputation: Performed if one or more of the tooth’s roots become infected after a root canal of there is significant bone loss around the tooth. During a hemisection, one-half of your tooth is removed, leaving a functional tooth with one root. The term “root amputation” refers to the surgical removal of one root of a multi-rooted tooth.
Trigeminal Nerve Repair
The trigeminal nerve, responsible for sensation in the face and functions such as biting and chewing, may be at risk for injury during some oral and maxillofacial surgical procedures. Our Dental Professionals oral surgeon is able to diagnose and manage these injuries using non-surgical and surgical treatments to restore sensation and function.
Soft Tissue Grafts
This procedure is used to add more tissue in a certain area and may be recommended by our oral surgeon in order to: •Prevent your gums from receding further
•Cover an exposed root
•Stop sensitivity in the affected area
•Improve the look of the tooth
•Prevent future dental problems
Gingivectomy and Gingivoplasty
Gingivitis is an inflammation of the gum tissue surrounding the teeth. The oral surgeon at Dental Professionals will perform a gingivectomy to effectively remove diseased or excess gum tissue and bacteria. Gingivoplasty, a surgical reshaping of the gum tissue, is often done in combination with a gingivectomy for cosmetic or functional reasons.
Source: American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
Advanced techniques, complex surgeries...our experienced team at Dental Professionals will manage your care expertly and compassionately. Schedule a complimentary consultation at our Skokie or Chicago office.